Salary: $16.00 /hour
Van Delivery Driver
Midwest Foods is a wholesale food distributor providing top quality food products to numerous food establishments in Chicago, surrounding suburbs, Michigan, Wisconsin and Indiana. We import fruits & vegetables from all over the world and distribute these products to local markets. We are currently hiring Van Delivery Drivers for our company.
- Make deliveries in a timely and safe manner, following the MOD routing.
- Unload the van using Pallet Jack and Two-Wheeler.
- Maintain communication with MOD during deliveries, communicate any issues/delays/returns.
- Go to different groceries stores and look for special order items.
- Bring back signed invoices to the warehouse.
- Clean Van at the end of the shift.
- Must have a valid D Class License, with a clean driving record.
- Minimum 1-year driving experience.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check.
- Must be able to work Saturday’s.
- Able to read a map/GPS and get to the accounts in a timely manner.
- Accuracy and attention to detail while following instructions and procedures.
- Able to handle clients with diplomacy and tact.
- Recognize and understand product names and UOM
- Lift/carry/pull/push product up to 60lbs. by hand, 200 lbs. using two-wheeler.
- Good reading/writing skills/communicating skills.
- Health/Dental/Life Insurance
- Vacation and PTO