Chicago, IL 60632
Salary: $26.00 to $29.00 /hour
SQF Practitioner is responsible for overseeing the QA team and Documentation Specialist team, delegating tasks, and reviewing the schedule. Identifying and resolving quality issues with operations and working with Management. Need to be familiar with SQF, HACCP, GMPs and internal procedures of the area. Is responsible for overseeing Quality Assurance staff and maintaining Food Safety and Quality Assurance Management Systems to support manufacturing of wholesome and quality food. SQF Practitioner helps develops, maintain and oversee implementation of Policies and Procedures in accordance with SQF code. This position reports to FSQA Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manages the Quality Assurance Technicians team and Documentation Specialist team. Provide leadership and communication to the team.
· Serves as SQF Practitioner for Edible Cuts and Midwest Kitchens. (QA Supervisor is an alternative for this role and takes his / her place in his / her absence).
· Leads 3rd party audits and annual SQF audit.
· Direct contact for USDA FSIS Inspector.
· Oversee the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the SQF System, including food safety fundamentals outlines in 2.4.2, and the food safety plan outlined in 2.4.3.
· Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the SQF System.
· Oversees company’s Food Safety and Quality training. Determines training needs.
· Communicate to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF System.
· Oversees corrective actions and preventive measures related to food safety and food quality non – conformities.
· Oversees Company’s Food Safety KPI and Objectives.
· Coordinates monthly meetings with Management to go over continuous improvement, customer complaints, internal audit and internal inspection findings.
· Responsible together with FSQA Manager for verification, validation and internal audit activities as outlined in SQF code.
· Develops and maintains Policies and Procedures and monitoring forms in accordance with SQF System.
· Oversees implementation of developed Policies and Procedures.
· Can conduct documentation and record verification for all records of Food Safety System.
· Maintains HACCP Food Safety System. HACCP coordinator.
· Conducts annual HACCP reassessments and plan verification together with the HACCP Team.
· Develops and maintains SSOPs and Master Sanitation Schedule.
· Responsible for overseeing cleaning and housekeeping activities at processing plant and warehouse.
· Responsible for investigating food safety and quality related incidents discovered through customer complaints and reported by production or QA staff.
· Oversees Food Safety System Programs and Associated Polices. Updating documents as needed in order to comply with SQF codes, customer requirements, and government regulations.
· Can conduct monthly facility audits and inspections.
· Responsible for maintaining Organic certifications.
· Oversees chemical usage. Assures that chemicals are stored properly and secure and that all SDS are available.
· Can develop and maintain operational quality standards, batch sheets and specification sheets (SOPs).
· Can create, review and approve finished product labels.
· Assist FSQA Manager in the implementation new policies and procedures.
· Review Environmental Swabs and ATP swabs results and take corrective actions as needed. Trend results.
· Maintain a clear understanding of customer requirements. Can provide support in completing customer questionnaires.
· Adhere to all regulatory rules and regulations, ensuring that Food Safety and product performance standards are met.
· Handle quality assurance issues on production floor as they arise.
· Back up for FSQA Manager, Documentation Specialist and QA Supervisor.
· Create a positive working environment for all associates: one that supports continuance improvement: reinforces company philosophy and policies, and ensures that every individual is treated with respect.
· Provide independent oversight of processes, verifying compliance to company standards and policies, and effectively communicating when there are deviations from standards or processes.
· Preferably have at least 3 years of quality experience in a fresh food manufacturing environment.
· Preferably have knowledge of FDA, USDA and implementing Food Safety Systems.
· Preferably have experience with 3rd party food safety audits.
· Food Safety Skills: GFSI, SQF, GMP’s, HACCP, CCP
· Be a team player maintaining a positive and respectful work environment
· Ability to work in cold environment (below 40 °F)