Salary: $15.00 /hour
Midwest Foods is a wholesale food distributor providing top quality food products to numerous food establishments in Chicago, surrounding suburbs, Michigan, Wisconsin and Indiana. We focus on providing the best service and strive to maintain strong working relationships with our customers. We are currently hiring for an Accounts Receivable Position in our company. The ideal candidate would have excellent accuracy in calculating and entering data, clear and professional communication skills and previous experience in Accounting/Receivables.
* Secure company revenue by verifying and recording receipts, as well as investigating and resolving discrepancies.
* Prepare and submit bills, invoices and bank deposits, while making any necessary adjustments
* Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit transactions
* Maintain accurate records of payments received/issued credits
* Scan and record all invoices, detailing any adjustments made
* Examine customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinate contact with collections department.
* Review receivables by maintaining invoice accounts, coordinating monthly transfers, verifying totals and preparing reports.
* Minimum associate’s degree
* 1-2 years of experience in Accounting related field
* Strong time management and organizational skills
* High accuracy in entering and maintaining data.
* High attention to detail and critical thinking skills
* Math Skills and knowledge of finance/bookkeeping software
* Excellent communication skills and strong sense of customer service
* Vacation and PTO
Compensation: $15.00/hour or more, based on Experience