Business Development – Sales Associate
Midwest Foods is a wholesale produce distributor located in Chicago. We are looking for a full time business development associate for the Chicagoland suburban area.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying new sales leads by researching organizations and individuals online (especially on social media) to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Contact potential and current clients via email, phone, text, or Skype to establish rapport and set up in person meetings to negotiate pricing, contracts, new, future, and expansion of current business.
- Driving a proactive culture of partnership and customer service.
- Documenting, managing and measuring your key accounts strategy.
- Proactively communicating with senior management relative to sales expectations, sales strategy and sales performance growth.
- Galvanizing and engaging a team to achieve results based on an understanding of common revenue goals.
- Devoting energy to building collaborative relationships with Midwest Foods’s key stakeholders.
- Learning and comprehending Midwest Foods’s suite of product & services.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Prepare paperwork to activate and maintain contract services including credit information.
- Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-up both in person and over phone.
Education and Experience
- Business degree, marketing degree or related professional qualification recommended but not mandatory
- Ability to persuade and influence others and develop and deliver presentations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in planning and implementing sales strategy
- Proven experience in customer relationship management
- Experience with CRM/Salesforce or any cloud based programs recommended
Midwest Foods is willing to consider candidates that have the majority, if not all of the qualifications listed above if they can otherwise prove their suitability for the role. Please attach Cover Letter and Salary Requirements when applying.
Job Type: Full-time