We are looking for an in-house entry level graphic designer at our loop and south side location to develop and update electronic and print material including: flyers, posters, banners, collaterals, logos, invitations, postcards, newsletters, ads, etc.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; purchasing from vendors.
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment.
- Completes and manages projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Backup and update of website and subsites, including all databases
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge of common industry applications (i.e., Adobe CS4 suite (PC/MAC), especially Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator)
- Experience working with WordPress
- Responsible for managing print orders and dealing with external suppliers
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Understanding of production, pre-press, print and web-based technologies
- Excellent organizational and planning skills