Business Development Branch Manager
River North, Chicago, IL
Midwest Foods is a wholesale produce distributor located in Chicago. We are looking for a full time business development branch manager to oversee our newly developed sales branch in our brand new modern loop location.
Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for sales performance of 5-10 new Business Development team members
- Provide coaching and development to your team members
- Planning, implementing, and directing the sales activities of the company to achieve sales objectives
- Provide regular updates to your team about objectives and processes
- Ensure business development team has the necessary resources to perform properly
- Promote a positive team environment
- Understands the target markets, including industry, company, project, company contacts and which market strategies can be used to attract clients
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Develop a strategy to achieve organizational sales goals and revenues
- Evaluate key performance indicators of the business development program to analyze data, identify sales opportunities, and lost sales
- Monitor sales activity by generating timely sales reports
- Set annual, quarterly and monthly sales revenue, expenses, and monitor budgets
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Education and Experience
- Business degree or related professional qualification recommended
- Experience in all aspects of planning and implementing sales strategy
- Proven experience in customer relationship management
- 2 years experience in managing and directing a sales team
- Experience with CRM highly recommended
Midwest Foods is willing to consider candidates that have the majority, if not all of the qualifications listed above if they can otherwise prove their suitability for the role.