Quality Assurance Lead
Job Description Summary:
Quality Assurance Technician Lead is responsible for coordinating daily activities with the QA staff, delegating tasks, and scheduling. Identify and resolve quality issues with operations and working with Management. Ensure that the quality of all products produced within the production facility is done in a safe and wholesome manner, with implementation and compliance of company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train new QA technicians.
- Provide leadership and communication to QA.
- Delegate daily tasks and schedule the QA team.
- Handle QA issues on production floor as they arise.
- Assist with implementing new policies and procedures.
- Go-to person for QA team.
- Provide assistance with audits.
- Monitor QA department for supplies.
- Monitors QA equipment for maintenance or external calibration.
- Work standing or walking for most working shifts.
- Perform physical duties, including but not limited to pushing, pulling, lifting, twisting, and walking.
- Calibrate test equipment such as scales, thermometers, metal detector, pH meter, colorimeter, etc.
- Check the concentrations of the chemicals and sanitizers.
- Daily Pre-operational inspections and Pre-op ATP testing.
- Check finished product from previous date for any defects.
- Conduct stock rotation inspections.
- Schedule and execute sample submittals to external laboratory vendor.
- Provide independent oversight of processes, verifying compliance to company standards and policies, and effectively communicating when there are deviations from standards or processes.
- Assist in training employees on Food Safety, company processes and FDA Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of QA activities.
- Maintain organized inventory of retained products.
- Monitor HACCP critical control points.
- Run GMP inspections.
- Conduct different types of analysis and inspections to Ingredients, Packaging and Finished Product and follow the corrective actions based on the outcome of the inspection.
- Maintain a clear understanding of customer requirements.
- Maintain operational quality standards, batch sheets and specification sheets.
- Verify documents and make sure the correct revisions are being used.
- Adherence to all customer Quality policies and procedures as stated in the customer’s manuals.
- Create a positive working environment for all associates: one that supports continuance improvement, reinforces company philosophy and policies, and ensures that every individual is treated with respect.
- Adhere to all regulatory rules and regulations, ensuring that Food Safety and product performance standards are met.
- Must have at least 4 years quality experience in a fresh food manufacturing environment.
- Food Safety Skills: GMP’s, HACCP, CCP.
- Maintain a positive work environment.
- Understanding of regulatory guidelines.
- Must be willing to work designated shifts.
- Ability to work in cold environment (below 40°F).
Preferred, but not restrictive – ability to work with Microsoft Office.