Midwest Foods is a whole sale food distributor providing the best quality food products and excellent customer service to our clients in all Chicagoland area, surrounding suburbs, Wisconsin, Indiana and Michigan.
A big part of our successful business is our logistics team, we are currently looking for new talent as a Shipping Assistant to work along side the Evening Dock Manager to ensure all needs are met and procedures are followed within the department.
Shipping Assistant main responsibilities will consist of addressing and resolving any issues regarding trucks, drivers, or product orders to the Dock Manager. The shipping assistant will be communicating with all departments, including drivers, mechanics, loaders, spotters and warehouse personnel to help assess and resolve any issues or concerns.
- Assisting in filling out route sheets according to routes created by dock managers
- Supervising spotters to ensure that right trucks are being used according to route sheets/needs
- Checking trucks once they have been loaded to ensure proper loading instructions were followed and all pallets are secured
- Ensuring drivers have all the tools and equipment they need, GPS, IPass, Locks, Shorts, Dollies, Pallet Jacks, etc.
- Reporting any issues with trucks to dock manager to address with onsite mechanic and dispatch
- Answer calls from drivers in the event they need roadside assistance
- In charge of renting trucks on occasion
- Report any questions or concerns from drivers/warehouse personnel to dock manager
- At least one year’s experience working in logistics or related field
- Experience in supervising a group of employees
- Being able to work outside or in cooler environments
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lift and carry up to 60 lbs or more.
- Must be able to work night shift, weekends and holidays.
- Able to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check.
- MUST HAVE FORKLIFT AND WALKIE RIDER EXPERIENCE
Sunday-Friday Evenings Starting at 8pm Saturday’s and 1 weekday off
Benefits Offered After 60 Days of Employment
- Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability
- PTO and Vacation
- Pay is based on Experience