Job Description Summary:
The Sanitation Lead coordinates activities of equipment and facility sanitation to ensure adherence to all food safety and quality programs. Sanitation Lead is responsible for overseeing Sanitation staff and maintaining all the facility in good sanitary conditions. In addition, this position has a basic understanding of the equipment, equipment’s function and process flow. Sanitation Lead reports to Food Safety Quality Assurance Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works on 3rd Shift, supervising sanitation employees and janitors.
- Works with sanitation / housekeeping / janitors to perform their daily duties.
- Maintains SQF sanitation and facility standards.
- Plans schedules and assigns housekeeping, janitorial and sanitation tasks to employees. Maintains Master Sanitation Schedule and assigns tasks to specific individuals.
- Trains Sanitation, Housekeeping and Janitorial personnel on job specifics and verifies training effectiveness.
- Maintains open communication with other department supervisors in order to monitor needs.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships through collaboration and consistent timely communication.
- Responsible for sanitation programs and team performance to meet objectives and goals. Maintains and updates SSOPs for each specific type of equipment and structure to assure they are current and written to desired level of details.
- Helps sanitation / housekeeping / janitors in their daily duties.
- Keeps cleaning / sanitation / janitorial tools, equipment and chemical supply inventory.
- In charge of working with chemical, tools and laundry suppliers.
- Audits, signoff and approve timely completion of master sanitation schedule.
- Identifies the areas / equipment and structures of the building that need advanced cleaning and / or repair.
- Works close to Maintenance to ensure equipment meets sanitation standards. Issues maintenance work orders to all repair deficiencies of equipment, structure or premises. Verifies proper completion of maintenance work orders.
- Keeps MSDS sheets for all chemicals and maintenance lubricants current.
- Monitors and documents chemical usage and inventory. Assures that chemicals are stored properly and secure. Maintains chemical register up to date.
- Oversees monitoring and documenting of chemical and sanitizer strength and conducts chemical titration test.
- Fulfills corrective actions to environment microbiological test deviations.
- Work standing or walking for most working shifts.
- Perform physical duties, including but not limited to pushing, pulling, lifting, twisting, and walking.
Skills / Requirements:
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in Sanitation within Food Industry.
- Understands processing equipment and manufacturing flows.
- Self-starter with ability to energize others.
- Creative at finding solutions to obstacles.
- Ability to read and interpret safety items, operating instructions and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrate experience in chemical handling procedures and OSHA safety procedures relevant to chemical handling.
- Maintain a positive work environment and works as a part of the team.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Able to work in cold (40 F) and wet environment.